Wednesday 5 November 2008

Curso de Pasteles

Come late November I’m going to take a free cake-making class at the university with my current teacher, Ana. Ana is a great teacher and we mostly spend our time chatting away, with the occasion grammar lesson thrown in. She’s finishing her law degree and has a side-passion for cooking. I’ve been giving instructions for making pupusas and the Christmas special tamales, paches. She offered to teach me how to a make a full on Chapin celebratory dinner for Lucas’ birthday next week, but something tells me that he might not be that excited about that. Plus, I want to make a chocolate cake. I’ve got to find some cake pans. Did I mention that writing recipes is the best way to learn the imperative tense? Perhaps I’ll make soup and bread a bilingual site…

No comments: